Mr. McFarland has given us the highest quality of representation and services. We are so fortunate to have found Mr. McFarland. A very genuine, honest and caring attorney who cares for his clients needs. Mr. McFarland has helped my daughter with a DUI case along with several other charges. He is by far the best!
Attorney R. Parker McFarland, Jr. focuses on criminal cases, with a focus on DUI and drug cases. He's also experienced in handling catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death cases, both at the trial court level and on appeal.
Parker has successfully handled jury trials and appeals; he's also obtained reduced charges in criminal cases and secured favorable settlements against insurance companies for serious personal injury claims.
Parker has received extensive training in the field of DUI and has completed the following courses through NHTSA/IACP, which are identical to the training given to police officers:
- Parker was in the 1st ever attorney class to receive training on the new Intoxilyzer 9000, Georgia's future breath test machine starting in 2013-2014.
- Standardized Field Sobriety Testing in 2004
- Drugs that Impair Driving in 2008
- Drug Recognition Expert Overview Course in 2010
- Standardized Field Sobriety Instructor Course in 2010
Parker co-instructs the Standardized Field Sobriety practitioner course to other DUI defense attorneys across America, including a two-hour segment on cross-examining the arresting officer.
Parker McFarland graduated from South Forsyth High School in 1994, and obtained his B.A. degree in English at Covenant College. He earned his Juris Doctor degree from Mississippi College of Law in 2001, although he completed his final year of law school at the University of Georgia. He and his wife, Nicole, their daughter, and their son, live in Cumming, Georgia.
Parker and Nicole are members of Influencers Church in Cumming.
The law offices of McFarland and McFarland were excellent lawyers. Their expertise and dedication to me as a client allowed me to understand my case when I had no idea what to do and during a very stressful moment of my life where I had no one to turn to. Parker was there, making me feel safe and informed. Parker did an amazing job taking time analyzing my case, and provided me with answers I didn’t even know The questions to. He was there every step of the way, and showed he really did care. In my opinion there is no better lawyer that you can get than Parker McFarland. Because of him, I was able to prove my case even when it seemed all was lost. Parker proved to me that justice is not blind and neither is God. If you have a choice to decide which law firm is right for you, take a moment and see that McFarland and McFarland are lawyers that get the job done, but they also do it by caring about you, your family and your life. Bless Parker and all his hard working staff. In my personal opinion, they are, will be and have proven they are the best. Thank you guys and thank you Parker.
Areas of Practice
- 80% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Georgia, 2001
- J.D. - 2001, Mississippi College School of Law, Jackson, Mississippi
- B.A. - 1998, Covenant College, Lookout Mountain, Tennessee
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Forsyth County Criminal Defense Bar Association, Past President
- Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Past Vice President
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- National College for DUI Defense, Member
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Forsyth County Bar Association, Past President
- Pro Bono Activities
- North Forsyth Rotary Club, Member, 2012 - present
Past Employment Positions
- McFarland & McFarland, Partner, 2001 - 2015