Attorney R. Parker McFarland, Jr. is a fourth generation attorney who practiced law with his father, Robert “Bob” P. McFarland, Sr. at McFarland & McFarland, P.C. from 2001 to 2015.
Following a merger, Parker McFarland was brought to this firm as a partner in 2015. Since that time, the firm has been voted “Best of Forsyth” four consecutive years. Parker is a trial and appellate lawyer whose practice focuses on serious personal injury and wrongful death cases arising from auto accidents and others’ negligence. Parker has secured many favorable recoveries against auto insurance companies for serious injuries both pre-litigation and post-litigation.
Auto insurance companies are increasingly refusing to offer full compensation for injuries caused by their drivers. In this climate, it is becoming more and more necessary for victims to file their negligence case in court to be made whole. Some auto insurance companies are becoming notorious for not making ANY settlement offer until the case is on a trial calendar and the victim’s attorney is ready for trial. In other instances, auto insurance companies refuse to pay for all of the medical bills and pain and suffering and trial is necessary to ensure a full recovery.
You need a personal injury attorney who will fight to the end – until you recover for ALL of your losses. Parker is admitted to practice in all state, superior, and appellate courts in Georgia as well as the United States Supreme Court. Call the skilled attorneys at Banks, Stubbs & McFarland, LLP today for a free consultation.
Parker McFarland graduated from South Forsyth High School in 1994, and obtained his B.A. degree in English at Covenant College. He earned his Juris Doctor degree from Mississippi College of Law in 2001, although he completed his final year of law school at the University of Georgia. He and his wife, Nicole, their daughter, and their son, live in Cumming, Georgia.
Parker and Nicole are members of Influencers Church in Cumming.
Areas of Practice
- Serious Personal Injury
- Auto Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Trucking Accidents
- Boating Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Slip and Fall
- Negligent Security
- Dram Shop Liability
- Social Host Liability
- 80% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Georgia, 2001
- J.D. – 2001, Mississippi College School of Law, Jackson, Mississippi
- B.A. – 1998, Covenant College, Lookout Mountain, Tennessee
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Forsyth County Bar Association, Past President (2012)
- Forsyth County Criminal Defense Bar Association, Past President
- Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Past Vice President
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- National College for DUI Defense, Member
- North Forsyth Rotary Club, Member, 2012 – present
Past Employment Positions
- McFarland & McFarland, Partner, 2001 – 2015