Parker handled every element of our case with professionalism and expertise. In dealing with a minor on the cusp of being tried as an adult, he clearly obtained for us the best possible outcome in Juvenile Court. We couldn’t be more pleased with Parker and the results obtained in our situation. We are incredibly grateful.
Attorney R. Parker McFarland, Jr. focuses on criminal cases, with a focus on DUI and drug cases. He's also experienced in handling catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death cases, both at the trial court level and on appeal.
Parker has successfully handled jury trials and appeals; he's also obtained reduced charges in criminal cases and secured favorable settlements against insurance companies for serious personal injury claims.
Parker has received extensive training in the field of DUI and has completed the following courses through NHTSA/IACP, which are identical to the training given to police officers:
- Parker was in the 1st ever attorney class to receive training on the new Intoxilyzer 9000, Georgia's future breath test machine starting in 2013-2014.
- Standardized Field Sobriety Testing in 2004
- Drugs that Impair Driving in 2008
- Drug Recognition Expert Overview Course in 2010
- Standardized Field Sobriety Instructor Course in 2010
Parker co-instructs the Standardized Field Sobriety practitioner course to other DUI defense attorneys across America, including a two-hour segment on cross-examining the arresting officer.
Parker McFarland graduated from South Forsyth High School in 1994, and obtained his B.A. degree in English at Covenant College. He earned his Juris Doctor degree from Mississippi College of Law in 2001, although he completed his final year of law school at the University of Georgia. He and his wife, Nicole, their daughter, and their son, live in Cumming, Georgia.
Parker and Nicole are members of Influencers Church in Cumming.
Parker is an excellent and compassionate attorney. He took the time I needed to help me consider all issues and helped me make an informed decision and weigh all options. He was always very responsive and demonstrated professionalism at all times. I would highly recommend Mr. McFarland.
Areas of Practice
- 80% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Georgia, 2001
- J.D. - 2001, Mississippi College School of Law, Jackson, Mississippi
- B.A. - 1998, Covenant College, Lookout Mountain, Tennessee
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Forsyth County Criminal Defense Bar Association, Past President
- Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Past Vice President
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- National College for DUI Defense, Member
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Forsyth County Bar Association, Past President
- Pro Bono Activities
- North Forsyth Rotary Club, Member, 2012 - present
Past Employment Positions
- McFarland & McFarland, Partner, 2001 - 2015